Gonna set my watch back to it
’cause you know that I’ve been through it.
Living on tulsa time.
- I posted “Living on Tulsa Time” as the title of this blog simply because we are living in Tulsa for the next 3 months and because it’s the only song I know that is about Tulsa. After completing the 6 month internship with our team in Dallas, we are in Tulsa where the air is cleaner, the grass is greener and even in rush hour, traffic is never bad.
- Because of the Owsley’s generosity, Carrie and I have a great house that is only a few blocks from the church. It’s good that it is close because I sold my truck a few weeks ago and we are now down to the Montero and riding bikes. Our first few weeks in Tulsa have been great, working at the church during the day and meeting members for dinner, activities at the church or participating in Bible studies at night. One of the activities that we participated in last week was filling in on a volleyball team that was in the semi-finals. Some of the regular team members couldn’t play so Carrie and I were asked to step in. Neither of us are good at volleyball so we pretty much submarined the team we were playing for.
- Over the 4th of July weekend, we were blessed with sunny skies and good times with our family at the lake. It is hard to imagine not being at the lake for the 4th next year but it will make us even more excited to get the family down to Brazil.
- This past weekend we went to Beaver Lake with our KC friends and enjoyed golfing, skiing and boating. Our time in KC and our friends there are very special to us and we had a great time hanging out this past weekend.
- Yesterday we had the opportunity to go to Memorial Rd. COC in OKC and participate in their missions Sunday. Memorial Rd. is a special place and they have been generous with us by contributing to our one time moving fund.- I am anxious to see how God is going to use us while we’re here at Park Plaza for these 3 months, and I am hopeful that we can set up a weekly Bible Study at the Normandy Apartments near Park Plaza. Please keep this possible opportunity in your prayers.